A walk to the stables

A walk to the stables
Tamerin at the horses: we walked there on Thursday and talked rugby nearly all the way!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Reading progress

Today Tamerin did a lot of typing again. She read 3 pages out of My Secret Unicorn by Linda Chapman and that before we practised the words for those pages! She got stuck on about 3 words on a page. Up to now we've concentrated on sight reading e.g. we would match, choose and then only read the words, before she tackled the page in her book. Her sight reading has now expanded so much, that we no longer have to "practice" 20 words before trying to read a page. The book is a little bit difficult, but that is the one that she chose at the beginning of the year and her motivation is quite high. She really tries hard. I am excited that soon she will be able to read the other books in the series on her own. At least that is what I am hoping will happen.

Thank you God, for Tamerin's progress in reading!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful! I am so happy to hear about Tamerin's success! Sorry I haven't visited in a while. Crazy summer break! :) We will be starting back up August 18th, so I am busy getting stuff around for that. I read Tamerin's blog. She is doing a great job! I am wondering if that would be a good motivator for Jacob.

Miekie said...

Enjoy your last vacation days!