A walk to the stables

A walk to the stables
Tamerin at the horses: we walked there on Thursday and talked rugby nearly all the way!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Progress - slowly but surely

Tammy is doing O.K. with her PACEs (workbooks), but I find some of the exercises no good. In an exercise when she had to choose between "a" and "an", she had to fill it A or An at the beginning of each sentence. When I gave her a selfmade additional worksheet, she wrote A / An with capital letters in the middle of sentences too. She has never done that! Frustration.
She does well her tests, but comprehension is still a problem.
I think "High School Musical 3" is a bit difficult for her, but she always thanks me so profusely for helping her to read it, after a reading session, that we keep going. I often give her multiple choice questions and then we practice asking and answering these questions verbally.
It is nearly the end of our school year, so we have to start thinking about her end of the year speech, what she is going to do for Christmas and so on. Last year, she made puppets and we had a puppet nativity show at her prize giving evening. Not sure what to do this year, Bible wise. Perhaps memorize and dramatize Bible verses?
She wants to play a song or two on her guitar and I also want her to do some water aerobics on prize giving evening. All this on top of her workbooks and other work.

Please pray for us for discernment regarding choices for her special evening!

5 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

((hugs)) and prayers right now! I'm sure she will do wonderfully, but I do understand the jitters.

Adelaide Dupont said...

Lots of prayers.

What about the Gospels?

And also there is Brick Testament which Tamerin and you might enjoy. It combines the Bible and Lego.

The Life of Jesus on Brick Testament

Miekie said...

Hi Mrs. C
(((hugs))) and prayers to you too. This week's been good and I'm hopeful things will turn out well.

Hi Adelaide
I'll check out the link now - thanks. We've been studying Matthew this year and I think the gospels are a good idea. I don't follow a strict timetable, but Tamerin always reminds me if we have not read Bible yet... God is working wonders in her and she is an inspiration to me.

Adelaide Dupont said...

The holy nation of heaven was a terrific exercise, with such a wonderful message.

Isn't it wonderful to be able to fish for Christ?

I wonder if you and Tamerin have done the verses about the tax collector (Levi)? This is one of the first Bible stories I was taught in Religious Education some time in the early 1990s. And 'let the dead bury their dead'.

Also there is Peter, Andrew, Philip and Nathaniel (who change their names somewhere in the piece).

With Brick Testament I recommend the ones with memorable verses and sequences.

Miekie said...

Hi Adelaide
Yes, we have done Levi - a great choice. I can't get The Brick Testament here, but want to order it from Amazon. It looks great. Thanks for the tip.